Popular Posts

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 4 Teachers+Reflection

WOW I am beyond impressed with my teachers. May God preserve them!
I am learning so much daily that I can't be thankful enough.
I pray that they be rewarded for all of their time and dedication and that all their wishes come true.

So I learned this morning that if I want something to happen, I MUST give it my ALL. If I want to learn something, I should not just read about it, I should use all my senses, read, re-read, write down, act upon, memorize and teach it to ensure that I have learned it.
Wow.
What a discovery!

I also learned that doing less of what harms us will make us live longer!
so how do we know what is "harmful"? sometimes it is obvious and sometimes it is not.

If we have a feeling that is not a good one, we know that we must get rid of it or else our body will be affected.
If we understand that certain foods will cause problems in our body,we know we must stop consuming them or else our body will slowly shut down.
If we know we surround ourselves with the wrong crowd and slowly, they lead us astray, we know we must avoid those encounters or else our heart slowly will begin to accept this way of life and move away from what is good for us.

We seek, we find.
or else, we stay behind.

If something new is presented to us, we have two options:
1. follow the new understanding
2. stay with the old ways of life.

Sometimes, it is wise to remain on the course we were at.
OFTEN times however, it is better for us to "digest" the new information and "put into practice".

When passages from Quran were revealed the companions of the Prophet pbuh used to read, understand, accept, memorize and FOLLOW the new direction from God before going on to the next verse.
It was this practice that lead them to "grow" as individuals and become our examples to follow today.

So with new information at hand, let's motivate ourselves, take it as a "DUTY" to apply what we learn if there is a way to do so or at least share the information and verify that it is correct and try to implement it into our daily lives.

If we have goals at this point, we should be experiencing them, give our body and our mind an opportunity to work in unison to accomplish them in a smooth way.

I feel VERY motivated and inspired after listening to my teachers and I hope we find the right teachers, those who by sharing their knowleadge lead us to changing our heart. Whether they be in books, in lectures, in person or in our memory. We must realize that education lives on and reflection is what makes us grow.

Take the time to reflect on is learned.
Take the time to be thankful to God for all He provides us with.
And be ready to seek Mercy from God as much as possible, these first 10 days of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment