Popular Posts

Saturday, May 28, 2011

day 11th-positive energy and Ayurveda

I just re-read my last post, sorry I think I was in a hurry, I hate spelling mistakes and things that make no sense. It's just hard to edit on blogger. So once I hit post, that's what will be saved...

I'm still thinking of Elena and her Ayurveda practice, wow, she's just amazing. I'm glad I kept in touch after the affiyah program (a program I started for fitness in my community but wasn't successful.)

I know exactly why it wasn't successful, I was surrounded by wonderful people who are overworked. And one more project that was for women only wasn't gonna be pulled out of a hat. I had to do most of the work and still I didn't do as well as I thought the program should be.

When I interviewed Elena, she was wearing white. She was outstanding and OVER qualified. She has a Masters and has been a yogi for a number of years. On top of that, she studies and has a passion for Ayurveda practice (which I had no idea what it was about).

When she started explaining it I was like wow, give me more information, I started taking notes and she told me what kind of person I am because I'm small, I have too many ideas, I write things down, I'm excited and talk a lot (and do a lot). I'm a combination of "vata" and "pitta", my husband who is so relaxed, he's a bigger structure, has beautiful hair mashallah and is just overall peaceful is a "kapha" and so in Ayurveda this has so much to do with what you SHOULD eat and what you SHOULD DO to make sure you are in balance.

WOW! blows my mind away! I love these ancient healing practices, we're talking about something so sacred that has been passed down through generations and has healed so many people. Amazing stuff, I'm thirsty to learn more.

Look for Elena at her new practice, she named it "Alta-Veda" or "higher knowledge", veda=sounds like vida..but really means knowledge. Beautiful, she speaks Spanish too...that's where the "Alta" comes in...

I love beautiful people, carrying people, people that see beauty everywhere. I simply want to surround myself with that kind of strong positive vive, it just sort of fills you up so much and it's just all you need sometimes.

I have so much to do, I have to pray now as it is 5am-this is the best way to start your day followed by some kind of morning remembrance. I play that cd in the morning and evening as it is recommended to remember God much and this way He will remember us and He will guide us and He will send his blessings upon us inshallah.

I hope everyone has an amazing weekend and look at whatever you will do with the most positive eye and when you feel negativity try to fight off that feeling and to help yourself seek the right people, the right help, surround yourself with those who are on the same wave length as you, not those who you don't feel a strong connection or those who waste your time.

Everyone is beautiful in their own way but that doesn't mean if you been friends for years that now you realize that staying away from a person will actually benefit you.
Break that bond for God's sake and don't be afraid of anything other than displeasing God.
Be true to YOURSELF and give yourself what you deserve.

peace!

p.s. check on the link for "what is Ayurveda"...awesome clip!

No comments:

Post a Comment