Popular Posts

Thursday, May 19, 2011

YUMMY!!!! Dinner, Shakes and Pudding!

Believe it or not, this picture was our dinner tonight at day #2 on the Raw food challenge. I think my husband was shocked but it was really filling.


I made a Raw vegan Avocado dip, with awesome superfoods, it was delicious! We used raw organic zucchini as our "french fries" here. The salad was made at lunch time and the pecan butter was left over from farmer's market, everything was delicious!


For desert I made two things:


1. A Raw strawberry shake

(coconut meat and it's water plus fresh strawberries and honey)

2. A Raw mango pudding

(coconut meat and it's water, honey and mango)


Both inspired by the raw food family's recipe "coconut and strawberry pudding", go on their site to check out the exact measurements and video: www.therawfoodfamily.com


I was speechless when I made it. I thought I was in heaven, really!

My husband liked it so much he opened up two more coconuts and we made everything so fresh. Only ingredient missing was the vanilla bean, I didn't have any and didn't want to use the fake substitutes. It was fine without it.


What an amazing day! I'm pretty tired now so going to bed..


Here are a couple notes to myself:

1. I need to throw away LESS in the compost. Way too much can be re-used in drinks or raw soups...

2. I need to find more creative recipes such as tonight's to make things fun and include superfoods.

3. I need to share more of this healthy stuff with people, they got no idea what they missing!

4. I will need suhail to shop for some much needed items...but I hope not to ask him soon. I have to do without what I ran out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment