Popular Posts

Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 6-not shopping is not easy

So we have arrived at day 6 in raw foods....I had something cooked yesterday I have to admit. I picked up pizza for the kids and family and on the way delivering it I had TWO SLICES!!!!! IT was delicious and I'll say I got it from Al Madina pizza on the corner of Baseline and carnelian, wow I love that pizza, but you know, sure enough an hour or two after I had this nasty feeling in my stomach. I felt bloated.
It was the bread, the cheese and the meat. (yes it was a chicken pizza)...so sometimes we give in to our taste buds...but that's all, its nothing more than the smell, the taste but has reduced nutritional values...

I think of this...when you make your dishes. I noticed on the raw food, it's a matter of simple "rinsing" my dishes. I don't even have to wash with soap unless I have used an oil (like olive oil or coconut oil)...I usually can rinse all food out of pots, plates and it looks like new.

When I have "cooked food" left over, it's a different story. Very quickly the cooked food will stick to the plates and it takes some soaking for it to come off and even then, I have to scrub.

I figured you know...this is happening in our insides too! The cooked food gets stuck to our insides and it may take a day or two or sometimes years for all that to exit out bodies.

On the raw food diet I feel like I'm constantly cleansing, detoxifying, it feels really wonderful.
I have already lost weight. I don't measure myself, I don't like that. But I saw myself in the mirror...
and I don't care about loosing weight really, I care about feeling good and telling people about it! It's so simple, ,easy, anyone can do it!

about shopping. So, yes yesterday I shopped. I had some money and was able to shop and get "diapers" that my husband sent me to get, I got a few other things (mostly not for me) and I got the pizza... So I did spend, I want to say approximately $100. That all was for projects I have and gifts to give away as I rather give something healthy than something that is not useful.

Yesterday I met a pastor on the church next to our masjid. His name is bruce. He was clueless about our beliefs and I was shocked as we are neighbors! I told him we believe in Jesus and Mary and he told me "no you don't!" I had to explain that yes, we do and respect them very much and we even have a chapter on Mary in our Quran.

I need to visit him again. lol

Then I did some business errands, it was very productive yesterday alhamdulilah.
Also yesterday Adil our wonderful friend who is working on fundraiser printed a banner for Ronan and also the letters we will send to invite people to come to the banquet. I'm really excited this is wonderful.

I de-cluttered my husband's car. (if that counts) and as far as planting, yesterday I planted flowers. Today I might plant some new seeds I got which are also organic. I got this one which is a weed looking grass, it can be cut to make tea but it serves as food and play area for our cat! I was so excited. I can't wait for it to grow so he can play with it!

As far as "making money" today I will talk to some people regarding some business ideas...I did that yesterday too it was more than fun.

It's trying to help people and getting something in return. I love it!

OHHH and we made a pledge at KPFK radio. that we would get the Longevity Dvd set by David Wolfe. I told them I want it! It was $150 but told them I can't shop until next month so please bill me and they will.
So that was all of yesterday and today I got some new ideas of de-cluttering, planting, creating business, eating raw and ZERO WASTE (which is probably the easiest challenge I got to say) I'm used to zero waste now that I learned to compost the right way. It's way easier for me, it mostly goes back into the ground. I even put the things I collect after I clean my floors, everything mostly can be composted or recycled but even my recycled items I'm not even throwing away, I'm washing them and using for kids toys.
it's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment