Popular Posts

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 4!



I am now convinced that raw foods are the way to go. At least for me. Last night we went to a Japanese restaurant. I thought we really needed to just get away and have something healthy and fun for dinner. [pic of my son at kabuki]

Only one problem. It wasn't all raw. They serve sushi and soups and rice....we had a bit of everything...we had grilled fish and risotto and soup. Well, as I was eating and enjoying cooked food I was getting extremely tired. To the point I was closing my eyes. It was funny. I never felt so bad in my life. My legs were so weak and I was ready to sleep. When we were done, we walked a short walk to the parking lot. Kids and myself fell asleep on the way home, I don't remember much after taking off.



I think sometimes we give in to our "cravings" and this is what happens. My body has been detoxing since Tuesday (since we started a day before) and now I put in all this cooked, processed food and it felt horrible.

I'm convinced. I don't need to read another book on raw foods or talk to anyone. I simply see it for myself and listen to MY BODY and my body just didn't like it.

Raw foods can be made a number of ways. Today I'm making spaghetti with sauce. All raw, I'm using zucchini for the spaghetti and fresh tomatoes, nuts and fresh spices for the sauce. I love it!
I'll also make a vegan raw chocolate and fruit pie.


I have to go pick my herbs from the garden, and make my market list.


Yes, I'm going to the store! I will be returning some items and buying what I need. This time, is not all for me, we have a potluck to go to...so I have an excuse to shop. I can easily send my husband but he hates shopping so I'm doing a good deed by doing it myself :) lol

No comments:

Post a Comment